The primary aim of the teaching Faculty of St. Patrick’s is to make god known and loved. Therefore the spiritual development of all the pupils is their prime concern.
Through the development and strengthening of the spiritual base of the child, the teachers direct their efforts to the establishment of a healthy social order. By education and social action they help her to grow. They accept responsibility for the all round development of the child preparing her to live confidently in a rapidly changing world and to be an effective instrument in the betterment of society.
For this they will help the child:
- to grasp basic human values viz. concern for others, respect for property, self-discipline, honesty, self-reliance.
- to explore her potentials and thus develop her skills stimulating her creative ability to enable her to earn her livelihood, and be women who will transform their society to fit into it.
We therefore aim at promoting the entire development of the student, with respect to her,
- Adjustment to Environment
- Personal growth
Adjustment to environment:
To fit each student to live in a modern civilized world, through adjustment to her environment we aim to train her then for
- Home Life
- Work Life
- Civic Life
- Home Life - To prepare her for an effective and satisfying membership of the most important unit in the community - the home and to teach her to budget her leisure time wisely as to balance activities that yield satisfaction with those that are useful and necessary.
- Work Life and Skill- To qualify with a suitable occupation, which will make a major contribution to her community, with reference to productivity, creativity and economy.
- Civic Life - To be prepared for active democratic participation in the life of her community and nation in big and small ways.
Through our education we will Endeavour to help the student to reach to a total integrated personality through her spiritual and moral, physical and intellectual, aesthetic and cultural, emotional and social formation.
- Spiritual - to respond to God's call, and to achieve such personal communion with Him so that prayer and life become inter woven.
- Moral - to enable her to develop a strong, self reliant character which will help her to make the right choice in values and behavior when called to do so.
- Physical - to develop and maintain a sound body, establishing habits and attitudes that are good and healthy thus contributing to her physical and emotional growth.
- Intellectual - to cultivate the intellect, teaching her to dialogue, analyze, inquire, evaluate and judge rightly.
- Aesthetic - to value truth, to create and to be sensitive to human nature' and to beauty in all its forms - Literature, Art, Music, Nature.
- Cultural - to assimilate the culture of her own country through its conservation, transmission and renewal, and to appreciate cultures of other regions and other nations.
- Emotional - to deepen in self-awareness and to grow in the knowledge and understanding of her inner self: in what she is and what she appears to be, to regulate her emotions and to reach mature growth by self-acceptance of her potentialities and limitations.
- to master wholesome social values and attitudes in order to play her role in a rapidly changing world, in the family, society and nation thus contributing to each of them.
- to awaken herself to social consciousness and a spirit of availability and ready service at all times and in every sphere of life; in short,
- to help her to leave school with principles and ideals which will guide and motivate her" through life, which will help her to influence, to share and to use the blessings of her education for the benefit of others.